One of the biggest trends in holiday gift giving this year is smart technology – devices that make interacting with items around your home more convenient and interconnected. If you’re looking for some of the best smart home gift ideas for a friend or loved one, read on:
- iHome iSP6X SmartPlug – This little gadget can let you plug in devices that aren’t smart, like lamps, heaters, fans, or audio systems, and lets you control them remotely. Turn devices on and off from an app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Philips Hue White Starter Kit – Automate the lighting throughout your home with Philips Hue. The starter kit comes with four bulbs and the bridge (the device that lets you control the Hue system). Control the entire system from the bridge, or use the app to control lights remotely. From there, you can put your lights on timers, or dim them for your convenience.
- Apple4K – If you’re looking for a television with stunning picture quality and extreme attention to detail, the Apple TV 4k is a perfect choice. Use all your favorite apps, or let the Siri remote help you find what you need.
- Amazon Echo – Control your music, make hands-free calls, operate devices throughout your home, or just find out the latest weather report using your Echo. The Echo recognizes your voice and has thousands of features that make your day easier.
- Ecobee4 Alexa-Enabled Thermostat – Keep your home at the perfect temperature with room sensors that detect both temperature and occupancy. That way, occupied rooms stay at a comfortable temperature.
If you have a tech lover in your life, consider the gift options above to help make their home a smart home!