The rivalry between the two giants intensified on Wednesday after Amazon announced it will offer shoppers more than 35 days of Black Friday deals.
Amazon said in a press release that the only thing better than a single day of door-buster deals is a new deal every five minutes for more than 35 days — and this is exactly what Amazon will offer consumers.
Many of the best deals will be offered during the “Turkey 5” days starting on Thanksgiving Day through Cyber Monday.
Customers can “gobble up” gifts for themselves or loved ones within electronic, toys, fashion items and more.
“Customers want to shop anywhere, any time, and any way, especially during the five super popular days for online shopping running from Thanksgiving through Cyber Monday,” said Steve Shure, vice president of Amazon. “At Amazon, we keep finding new ways to make holiday shopping fun, easy, and accessible including new innovations in voice shopping with Alexa, super-fast Prime shipping, and mobile shopping with the free Amazon shopping app.”
What To Expect
Here is a small sample of what consumers can expect to find during Amazon’s massive selling event.
[Note: All prices available on select dates at select times between November 18 and Black Friday while supplies last.]
- Save $40 on Amazon Echo, only $139.99.
- Save $30 on Fire HD 8, only $59.99.
- Save $10 on Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote, only $29.99.
- 55″ LG 4K Smart TV, $398.
- Save up to 60% on Disney favorites including toys, apparel and more.
- Sensi Wi-Fi Programmable Thermostat – works with Amazon Alexa, $102.
- Save up to 25 percent on select mattresses and bedroom furniture.
- Save 28 percent on “Home Alone: 25th Anniversary Ultimate Collector’s Edition” Blu-Ray Set, $29.99.
© 2016 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.